Is Your Stretch Mark Treatment Effective?
How To Pick A Stretch Mark Treatment That Works
And Get It At A Great Price
With the wealth of information available regarding stretch marks, we decided it was time to write an in depth analysis of what you want to look out for when buying an effective stretch mark treatment.
Most people will develop stretch marks at some time throughout their lives. Stretch marks develop from tears in the dermis layer of the skin, leaving internal scars. Stretch marks form from many factors such as weight fluctuations, growth, pregnancy, and even genetic predisposition. These unsightly imperfections make many people look for ways to get rid of them. As such, many manufacturers materialize with their ‘version’ of an effective stretch mark treatment, with wild claims as to its actual benefits. As each new company bursts into the market with their own ‘proprietary treatment’, it becomes harder to separate fact from fiction, premium product from worthless imitation.
We decided it was time to analyze them ourselves to find out which products were sub-par, which were flat-out lying about what was even in their creams, gels and oils, and which, if any, might actually be worth a try.
As we rounded up all of the big brands in the industry, we could see straight off the bat which companies were only there to make a quick buck.
- Most stretch mark treatments do not contain what’s actually on the label and do not treat both the dermis and epidermis layers of the skin.
- In addition, we found that most companies who claim to have effective proven ingredients, actually don’t have. Furthermore, they include many irrelevant extras. This is disheartening and makes it difficult for the consumer to know which manufacturers are lying and which are telling the truth.
It’s hard to believe, but most companies slap on a label that says ‘stretch mark treatment’, often without even detailing ingredients it contains but also failing to include ingredients proven most effective in the prevention and treatment of stretch marks.
What Did We Research?
With hundreds of manufacturers out there, we wanted to figure out what to look for and how to overcome our concerns regarding stretch mark products. We started the process by making a list of the main concerns we have over buying a good stretch mark treatment.
- It’s not going to be effective. The truth is, there are a lot of products that don’t work at all. Typically, this is because they don’t contain the right ingredients or the right proportions. A lot of interested consumers don’t realize how exact a science creating an effective treatment really is.
- It’s going to be too expensive to afford. As we conducted our research, we found that a lot of companies sell stretch mark treatments for $100 or more! Who wants to risk that kind of money on what could just be snake oil salesmanship?
- The company I buy from might just be exploiting another fad. How can you tell when a manufacturer is just trying to cash in on the latest trend? Most of those companies are all gimmick and no substance. How do you know that the company you choose to buy from is giving you the real deal?
Finding High Quality Stretch Mark Treatments
So, how can you identify the legitimate products through all the smoke? There are a few key factors to look for that can all but guarantee the product is genuine.
1. Third Party Monitoring: Independent monitoring companies track each company’s reputation and customer satisfaction. One of the most important qualities for a supplement manufacturer is their reputation. Look for a company with a solid reputation backed by third party monitoring.
2. Risk Free Money Back Guarantee: Go with a company that guarantees their product and offers your money back if you aren’t satisfied. If the company is not willing to put their money where their mouth is, that means they don’t believe in their own product.
3. Third Party Testing: Different than third party monitoring, third party testing verifies the quality of each company’s products. Third party testing is really expensive for manufacturers, since it can actually disqualify entire shipments of pills. But when companies don’t have independent quality control, there is no guarantee that their products are what they claim to be.
Stretch Mark Brands Research
Your time and money is valuable and we don’t want you to waste either one. So we did the research on most of the top stretch mark products available.
We studied each product to determine which consistently not only had the right ingredients with clinically proven results, but also the right proportions. We disqualified the ones with unnecessary and useless ingredients.
But we didn’t stop there. After all, numbers and percentages are only part of the story. We went on to seek out real customers who had used the products we tested. We asked them for testimonials and compared them with our notes, and then compiled this information to give you a list of the best products on the market.
What our Research Uncovered
A great stretch mark treatment should only contain clinically proven ingredients that treat both the epidermis and the dermis, to provide a total action repair and nourish solution for the skin.
Most brands did not pass the above criteria.
Some of the products included the right ingredients, but filled their treatments with other useless synthetic ingredients. Almost all of them avoided quality control testing.
The brands we did pick, we stand by. We are confident that these products can help you achieve your goals.
Our Stretch Mark Treatment Top Pick:
We are excited about our final pick and we think you’ll agree. This company has a solid reputation, a high quality product, third party monitoring and testing. It also has a solid return policy and stands by its products.
If you want to try a stretch mark treatment, then Research Verified should be your first choice. If any stretch mark treatment is going to work for you, this is it.
It provides a ‘2-step dual action’ treatment to repair and rejuvenate the skin. Moisturizing and nourishing the skin internally and externally: treating both the dermis and epidermis.
Quality: Their stretch mark product contains a repair silicone gel AND nourishing cream PLUS it contains the best, clinically proven ingredients such as Allium cepa (Onion) Bulb Extract, Aloe barbadensis(Aloe Vera) and the oils of Emu, Safflower, Sunflower, Jojoba and Vitamin E.
Reputation: Their reputation is top notch. They have several third party monitoring services, including buySAFE, Norton, and Trustee.
Guarantee: All purchases of Research Verified Stretch Mark Repair are backed by a 365 day Risk Free 100% Money Back Guarantee. That is the best guarantee that we have seen from any manufacturer. This 1 year guarantee shows how confident they are in their product.
Perhaps most importantly, they’re an established company that offers excellent customer service, safe checkout and on-time delivery.
They clearly have a commitment to quality as well, and guarantee that their supplements are made in an FDA registered laboratory that is cGMP certified.
So, if you’re looking for the best stretch mark product available from a reputable company with a rock solid 365 day money back guarantee, I’d say this is the product to try.
The only issue with Research Verified is that due to the demand they are often sold out. To avoid having to put yourself on a waiting list, take advantage of the benefits while they’re in stock.
Falling just short of our number one selection is Sieva Stretch Mark & Scar Removal Cream. Their product does contain some good ingredients but we felt that it was a little too watery. Their number one ingredient is ‘deionized water’ and while this is essential for a good product, it shouldn’t be the main ingredient. That being said, it does contain aloe vera, tocopheryl acetate and jojoba oil and the ingredients in the product were clearly stated on the label. We felt that it was definitely a well made product.
We did find the price a little on the high side. At over $60 a bottle/tub we felt it was a little too expensive, especially for such a watery solution.
Our own tests showed that it was a good product, but we all know that stretch mark treatment needs to be tackled internally and externally. Unfortunately, the treatment was missing some vital ingredients such as silicone, onion bulb extract and emu oil. If they want to charge such a high price, we felt that they should thicken up the treatment and add some of the top clinically proven ingredients, therefore we rate this only as our #2 spot. That said, if you don’t mind taking a chance, this product might work for you.
This product is made by a company called Protege. This product contains Aloe Vera Powder Extract however, this is not the same as the aloe vera gel, and is simply not as effective. The benefits of aloe vera gel are well documented in clinical studies for treating burns/scars, not the powdered extract.
Since the company itself has a good track record and most consumers I spoke to were pretty satisfied with it, I still consider this to be a solid product. Just remember that it has a few slight disadvantages.
Furthermore, it does not contain Allium cepa (Onion) Bulb Extract which we felt was the number one ingredient to help heal scars. This means that you may not see results as quickly as you would do with our #1 product.
If you don’t mind waiting longer to see results, then this product could be right for you.