Is Your Insomnia Treatment Effective?
How To Pick A Sleep Aid That Works
And Get It At A Great Price
Dealing with insomnia can be just as debilitating as the condition itself. Insomnia can leave you tired and spaced out during the day and, frustrated and stressed during the night. With the wealth of information available regarding sleep disorders more specifically, insomnia, and the best way to combat them, we decided it was time to write an in-depth analysis of what you want to look out for when buying an effective insomnia treatment supplement.
Countless supplement manufacturers have been crawling out of the woodwork to create their ‘version’ of an insomnia remedy, with wild claims as to its actual benefits. As each new company bursts into the market with their own ‘proprietary formula’, it becomes harder to separate fact from fiction, premium product from worthless imitation.
We decided it was time to analyze them ourselves to find out which products were sub-par, which were flat-out lying about what was even in their pills, and which, if any, might actually be worth a try.
As we rounded up all of the big brands in the industry, we could see straight off the bat which companies were only there to make a quick buck.
- Most sleep aids do not contain what’s actually on the label.
- In addition, we found that most companies who claim to have effective proven ingredients, actually do not. Furthermore, they include many irrelevant extras and synthetic fillers. This is disheartening and makes it difficult for the consumer to know which manufacturers are lying and which are telling the truth.
It’s hard to believe, but most companies slap on a label that says ‘sleep aid’, often without even mentioning how much of each ingredient is in the formula or without actually including the amount they claim.
What Did We Research?
With hundreds of manufacturers out there, we wanted to figure out what to look for and how to overcome our concerns regarding insomnia and sleep disorder supplements. We started the process by making a list of the main concerns we have over buying a good product.
- It’s not going to be effective. The truth is, there are a lot of products that don’t work at all. Typically, this is because they don’t contain the right ingredients or the right proportions. A lot of interested consumers don’t realize how exact a science creating an effective supplement really is.
- It’s going to be too expensive to afford. As we conducted our research, we found that a lot of companies sell insomnia treatment supplements for $100 or more! Who wants to risk that kind of money on what could just be snake oil salesmanship?
- The company I buy from might just be exploiting another fad. How can you tell when a manufacturer is just trying to cash in on the latest health trend? Most of those companies are all gimmick and no substance. How do you know that the company you choose to buy from is giving you the real deal?
Finding High Quality Insomnia Treatment Supplements
So, how can you identify the legitimate products through all the smoke? There are a few key factors to look for that can all but guarantee the product is genuine.
1. Third Party Monitoring: Independent monitoring companies track each company’s reputation and customer satisfaction. One of the most important qualities for a supplement manufacturer is their reputation. Look for a company with a solid reputation backed by third party monitoring.
2. Risk Free Money Back Guarantee: Go with a company that guarantees their product and offers your money back if you aren’t satisfied. If the company is not willing to put their money where their mouth is, that means they don’t believe in their own product.
3. Third Party Testing: Different than third party monitoring, third party testing verifies the quality of each company’s products. Third party testing is really expensive for manufacturers, since it can actually disqualify entire shipments of pills. But when companies don’t have independent quality control, there is no guarantee that their products are what they claim to be.
Insomnia Supplement Brands Research
Your time and money is valuable and we don’t want you to waste either one. So, we did the research on most of the top insomnia related products available.
We studied each product to determine which consistently had not only the right ingredients, but also the right proportions. We disqualified the ones with unnecessary, synthetic fillers and those whose contents differed drastically from pill to pill.
But we didn’t stop there. After all, numbers and percentages are only part of the story. We went on to seek out real customers who had used the products we tested. We asked them for testimonials and compared them with our notes, and then compiled this information to give you a list of the best products in the market.
What our Research Uncovered
A good insomnia and sleep disorder treatment supplement should contain clinically proven key ingredients such as: L-ornithine, Melatonin, Valerian, Hops, and Chamomile, and should be deemed safe for treatment of acute insomnia and management of chronic insomnia and related sleeplessness issues such as anxiety, depression, lack of concentration and loss of energy.
Most brands did not pass the above criteria.
Some of the supplements included the right ingredients, but had too low dosage, which is the key to combating insomnia. They use much less than what is used in clinical studies. Other companies filled their supplements with additives, preservatives and other synthetic ingredients. Almost all of them avoided quality control testing.
The brands we did pick, we stand by. We are confident that these products can help you achieve your goals.
Our Insomnia Supplement Top Pick:
We are excited about our final pick and we think you’ll agree. This company has a great reputation, a high quality product, third party monitoring and testing. It also has a solid return policy and stands by its products.
If you want to try an insomnia treatment supplement, then Research Verified should be your first choice. If any sleep aid is going to work for you, this is it.
It contains the most clinically proven ingredients, in the right dose, doesn’t have any binders or fillers, and is 100% safe to use.
Quality: Their insomnia product is the only one that includes the amino acid, L-ornithine. This is the ultimate ingredient for promoting calm and enhancing sleep. In addition, their formula contains Melatonin, Lemon Balm, Chamomile, Magnolia Bark, Jujube Extract, Reishi Mushrooms, supported by a synergistic herbal blend including Hops, Valerian, Passionflower, Taurine, together with other top quality ingredients.
Reputation: Their reputation is top notch. They have several third party monitoring services, including buySAFE, Norton, and Trustee.
Guarantee: All purchases of Research Verified Insomnia Relief are backed by a 365 day Risk Free 100% Money Back Guarantee. That is the best guarantee that we have seen from any manufacturer. This 1 year guarantee shows how confident they are in their product.
Perhaps most importantly, they’re an established company that offers excellent customer service, safe checkout and on-time delivery.
They clearly have a commitment to quality as well, and guarantee that their supplements are made in an FDA registered laboratory that is cGMP certified.
So, if you’re looking for the best sleep aid available from a reputable company with a rock solid 365 day money back guarantee, we’d say this is the product to try.
The only issue with Research Verified is that due to high demand, they are often sold out. To avoid having to put yourself on a waiting list, take advantage of the benefits while they’re in stock.
Falling just short of our top selection is IntraNaturals Luna Natural Sleep Aid. This product has a good formula, but does not contain some key clinically proven ingredients and has also included some inactive, unnecessary ingredients, such as brown rice bran powder and hypromellose. These ingredients play no part in treating insomnia. It is important to consider that additional ingredients can sometimes have negative side effects upon your health
We like the fact that this product is made in the USA from FDA approved ingredients and certified GMP labs. Overall, customers experienced good results using this sleep aid. However, if you are not completely happy with this product, the manufacturer offers a money back guarantee.
Despite their omissions and unnecessary additions in the ingredient lists, our research showed that the active ingredients it does contain are of good quality. Since the company itself has a sound track record and most consumers we spoke to were pretty satisfied with it, we still consider this sleep aid to be a solid product. Just remember that it has a few slight disadvantages.
If you don’t mind taking a supplement containing unnecessary fillers and ingredients, then this product could be right for you.
In our third spot is a product called Power to Sleep, made by a company called Irwin Naturals. This sleep aid is lacking many active key ingredients and has added a few inactive superfluous ingredients and color. Furthermore, there is no clear money back guarantee for this product. It does provide generous discounts and a value size bottle of 120 easily digestible soft-gels. However, these liquid soft-gels may leave some consumers with an unpleasant aftertaste from the large dose of fish oil they contain.
Our own tests showed that it was a good product, but we all know that supplements don’t always work the same way for everyone. We would recommend choosing a product that offers you more key active ingredients, so that you can get the results you need.
Irwin Naturals Power to Sleep seems to be a decent product, but the fact that it lacks many active ingredients, has a potential fishy aftertaste and that it includes superfluous ingredients and color, knocked it down to the #3 spot. That said, if these issues don’t bother you, then this sleep aid is a good option.