Resveratrol is natural product produced by plants when they are being attacked by fungi or bacteria. It is made primarily from the Japanese knotweed. It can also be produced through chemical synthesis. It’s now being marketed as a nutritional supplement.
Resveratrol had been first tested on mice. When these studies were found to have positive results for its anti cancer and anti inflammatory properties, Resveratrol launched its supplements for human consumption. Some of Resveratrol’s health benefits include:
- It helps fight lifestyle diseases such as diabetes, cancer, or heart disease by lowering blood sugar levels and regulating blood pressure. Young people who take Resveratrol on a regular basis can help prevent these diseases.
- It can lengthen one’s life span; high doses of Resveratrol can counteract cell death as well as damage to the brain and heart; it also helps slow the aging process when taken in small quantities.
- Its antioxidant properties can protect arteries, and reduce inflammation.
- Taken in small doses, it can produce the same effects as a low calorie diet.
- It prevents the growth of cancer cells, and is thought to potentially prevent breast cancer.
- It can promote sound cardiovascular health.
Resveratrol is one of the ingredients in red wine, which is one of the reasons that many believe that regularly drinking red wine in moderate amounts is good for your health. It is one of the rare supplements which packs so many health benefits in one dose. It is an all-natural product with no side effects.
Resveratrol supplements can be effective in weight loss and in increasing your overall energy level. Regular use of Resveratrol can help you look and feel younger and more beautiful.