How To Pick a Biotin Product for Hair Growth That Works
And Get It at a Great Price?
With all the media craze surrounding hair growth products, we decided it was time to write an in-depth analysis of the benefits of biotin and what you want to look out for when buying an effective biotin product for hair growth.
Countless manufacturers have been crawling out of the woodwork to create their ‘version’ of a natural biotin treatment for hair growth, with wild claims as to its actual benefits. As each new company bursts into the market with their own ‘proprietary formula’, it becomes harder to separate fact from fiction, premium product from worthless imitation.
We decided it was time to analyze them ourselves to find out which products were sub-par, which were flat-out lying about what was even in their pills, and which, if any, might actually be worth a try.
As we rounded up all of the big brands in the industry, we could see straight off the bat which companies were only there to make a quick buck.
- Most biotin products contain additional ingredients that have not actually been proven to work.
- In addition, we found that most companies who claim to have a ‘standardized formula’ actually have much less than what is printed on the label. This is disheartening and makes it difficult for the consumer to know which manufacturers are lying and which are telling the truth.
It’s hard to believe, but most companies slap on a label that says ‘Biotin Hair Growth Formula’, often without even mentioning how much of each ingredient is in each pill or without actually including the amount they claim.
What Did We Research?
With hundreds of manufacturers out there, we wanted to figure out what to look for and how to overcome our concerns regarding biotin products. We started the process by making a list of the main concerns we have over buying a good biotin supplement for hair growth.
- It’s not going to be effective. The truth is, there are a lot of biotin products that don’t work at all. Typically, this is because they don’t contain the right ingredients or the right proportions. A lot of interested consumers don’t realize how exact a science creating an effective supplement really is.
- It’s going to be too expensive to afford. As we conducted our research, we found that a lot of companies sell hair growth supplements for $100 or more! Who wants to risk that kind of money on what could just be snake oil salesmanship?
- The company I buy from might just be exploiting another fad. How can you tell when a manufacturer is just trying to cash in on the latest trend? Most of those companies are all gimmick and no substance. How do you know that the company you choose to buy from is giving you the real deal?
Finding High Quality Biotin Hair Growth Products
So, how can you identify the legitimate products through all the smoke? There are a few key factors to look for that can all but guarantee the product is genuine.
1. Third Party Monitoring: Independent monitoring companies track each company’s reputation and customer satisfaction. One of the most important qualities for a supplement manufacturer is their reputation. Look for a company with a solid reputation backed by third party monitoring.
2. Risk Free Money Back Guarantee: Go with a company that guarantees their product and offers your money back if you aren’t satisfied. If the company is not willing to put their money where their mouth is, that means they don’t believe in their own product.
3. Third Party Testing: Different than third party monitoring, third party testing verifies the quality of each company’s products. Third party testing is really expensive for manufacturers, since it can actually disqualify entire shipments of pills. But when companies don’t have independent quality control, there is no guarantee that their products are what they claim to be.
Hair Growth Biotin Brands Research
Your time and money is valuable and we don’t want you to waste either one. So, we did the research on most of the top hair growth biotin products available.
We studied each product to determine which consistently had not only the right ingredients, but also the right proportions. We disqualified the ones with unnecessary, synthetic fillers and those whose contents differed drastically from pill to pill.
But we didn’t stop there. After all, numbers and percentages are only part of the story. We went on to seek out real customers who had used the products we tested. We asked them for testimonials and compared them with our notes, and then compiled this information to give you a list of the best products on the market.
What our Research Uncovered
A good biotin hair growth formula should contain only natural top quality biotin, with no less than 10,000mcg per serving.
Most brands did not pass the above criteria.
Some of the companies included biotin among their ingredients, but had much less than the recommended amount of micrograms, which is the key to effective hair loss prevention and growth. They use much less than what was used in the clinical studies that led to hair growth. Other companies filled their supplements with cheap fillers, binders, and other synthetic ingredients. Almost all of them avoided quality control testing.
The brands we did pick, we stand by. We are confident that these products can help you achieve your goals.
Our Biotin Hair Growth Formula Top Pick:
We are excited about our first choice pick and we think you’ll agree. This company has a solid reputation, a high quality product, third party monitoring and testing. It also has a strong return policy and stands by its products.
#1 Top Pick
Nature’s Bounty Biotin
Falling just short of our top selection is Nature’s Bounty Biotin. This product contains D-biotin which is the naturally occurring, biologically active form of biotin. It does provide the recommended 10,000mcg daily dosage which is the amount cited in clinical studies. However, it does have additional inactive ingredients in its formula that concerned us, such as gelatin, yellow beeswax and titanium dioxide color. It is important to consider that additional ingredients can sometimes greatly affect your results. More importantly, we did not find any reviews on the manufacturer’s website. When we did find some, they were largely negative. Some of the consumers cited getting headaches after taking this product.
Despite these negative reviews which reduced its score, our research showed that the D-biotin it does contain is of good quality. Since the company itself has a good track record and most consumers we spoke to were generally satisfied with it, we still consider this to be a solid product. Just remember that it has a few slight disadvantages.
If you don’t mind taking a pill containing additional ingredients and potentially suffering side effects from it, then this product could be right for you.
Now Foods Biotin
This product is made by a company called Now Foods, and they are also offering a biotin product. However, there is one very important category in which they fall short – the main active ingredient. This product does not provide the full recommended daily dosage of 10,000mcg which was recommended by the clinical studies.
There are also not very many reviews for this product. We did not find any on its website and only found a few on a third party seller. Without consistent positive consumer reviews, purchasing this product might be a bit risky.
Our own tests showed that it was a good product, but we all know that supplements don’t always work the same way for everyone. We would recommend choosing a product that offers you the full recommended daily amount of 10,000mcg of pure biotin.
Even though Now Foods Biotin does seem to be a good quality supplement, the fact that it does not contain the full recommended daily dosage of biotin as its active ingredient, and relatively few customer reviews knocked it down to the #3 spot. That said, if you don’t mind taking a chance, this product might work for you.